Wednesday 6 July 2011

Random Musings

I must admit I am feeling rather desolate today. It could be the rather grim and overcast weather (sadly, a now typical English summer) or it could be that I was talking to my boss yesterday and she asked me what I wanted to do with my life.

And I gave the rather uninspired answer of - 'I don't know'

Now, what I would truly love to be is a writer - but as I have yet to finish, let alone publish, anything and my confidence wavers from day to day this might be nothing more than a pipedream. However, since it still fills me with burning rage to write those words I think I'll be alright for a little longer. Plus I think this blog is helping, so I have yet to surrender to my weaker self just yet :)

However, back to the original point, I have to feed myself somehow.

And thus, what to do about this? I don't want to waste a rather vast amount of my time doing something I hate. But I have almost no idea the direction in which I would like to travel. Doctors, Managers, Shop girls, astronauts, painters, rock stars professions have almost no interest to me. Well, rock star maybe but that is slightly hampered by my complete lack of musical ability.

So perhaps PA, what I have fallen into, is what I am stuck with? Oddly, I enjoy assisting people - the work might range from the impossible to the mundane to the ludicrous but I do get to meet all sorts of people and better yet, I get to see how they think, how they act. You'd be amazed at how peculiar people will act.

As usual I am vacillating wildly so I think the only option is to mull it over some more. Currently, I have no proper 'grown up' plans so I think I would like to see how far I could go in my current role.

On the bright side however, I have now cheered up immensely. Sometimes, I think out of all the peculiar people I have met, the oddest one by far is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment